Keeping with this week’s Christmassy theme (it won’t be the whole month, I promise), I’m doing the Joy of Christmas Book Tag that I found over on The Book Nut. I had planned to do this a little closer to Christmas, but I’m still in the middle of Kingdom of Ash (trying to savor, not rush it) so a quick book tag it is!
1. Anticipation: The Christmas excitement is real, what book release(s) are you most anticipating?
Definitely King of Scars by Leigh Bardugo but also Ninth House by her. I’m not even sure if any dates have been given for the NH release but I’m so excited to read it whenever it comes out. Dark magic and secret societies at Yale? I couldn’t ask for much more.
2. Christmas Songs and Carols: What book or author can you not help but sing its praises?
A newer book that I want to rave about constantly is Circe. You can read my review here but it’s so, so, so amazing.
3. Gingerbread Houses: What book or series has wonderful world building?
There are so many books that could be the answer but I’m going to choose The Grisha trilogy and the Six of Crows duology. I just love the Russian inspired world.
4. A Christmas Carol: Favorite classic or one that you want to read
Is it wrong of me to pick A Christmas Carol even though that’s the name of the question? It’s one of my favorite classics and I read it every December. I’m actually reading it next, once I finish Kingdom of Ash.
5. Christmas Sweets: What book would you love to receive for Christmas?
A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab. I still haven’t read anything by her but I’ve heard amazing things about this series.
6. Candles in the Window: What book gives you the warm and fuzzy feeling?
I just love these characters and their friendships a lot.
7. Christmas Trees and Decorations: What are some of your favorite book covers?
8. Christmas Joy: What are some of your favorite things about Christmas And/Or some of your favorite Christmas memories?
The whole buildup to Christmas is my favorite. I love decorating my house with my family and doing festive things the whole month, like going to look at Christmas lights, baking gingerbread cookies and eggnog cake and seeing the ACC musical every year.
I tag anyone who wants to do this. If you do it, let me know so I can read your answers!
Thanks for reading,